Pages

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

God's gifting.....

Life is defined in the Webster as spiritual existence transcending physical death.  This is the one definition that stands out the most to me at this very moment.   

Love is defined in the Webster as an unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others.  

Life can change in the blink of an eye, literally!!  November 25, 1995 I met the love of my life.  We were married in March of 1997 and had our first beautiful daughter in September of that year.  In December 2000 we had our next beautiful baby girl and in March of 2002 we completed our family with the birth of our handsome son.  Off and on for many years I missed seeing the miracle of life because I had a closed mind of thinking of life in the natural.  I remember when all three of my babies were born I just felt this wonderful feeling of God and how great He really was.  I thought when my son was born and to be honest, my hubby was done, I would never ever experience that again.  How so terribly wrong have I been.  One of the biggest things that Kenneth and I have talked about so many times is how we have had this world perspective.  We measure our value by what we see around us.  We see things one-sided, meaning, the miracle of life isn't in the birth of God's children only but the miracle of life really lies in God's love.  God's love isn't wrapped up one way and we don't get it in just one way.  God isn't a one way street that dead ends.  His love is never ending and life is just one form of that and life itself with God is not a dead end.  

Love today for us came in so many forms.  It started with my husband's brother showing up this morning and laying in a bed for over 6 hours giving of himself and not just physically but spiritually because of love.  It showed up with all the prayers of people we know and those we don't know that took time out of their day to bring us comfort.  Love showed up today in a cake that read "Happy New Birthday Ken"!  Love showed up in the eyes of my husbands parents as they stood by both their sons.  Love showed up today in those who came to be here with us when they could have been in other places.  Love showed up in a nurse who was with us the very night we found out Kenneth had cancer and made sure she was with us tonight to pray before the transplant started.  Love was in watching the very last drop of stem cell enter my husband and feeling that same feeling i felt the day my children were born.  God's gifting is life made by love.  The miracle of life can be seen in so many things because where there is life there is love!  Where there is love, there is God!!!  God has never left us and never will.  We celebrated the miracle of a new life tonight, that happened because of love.  Love that only God gives!!!  

On August 3rd from 7pm till 8:42pm, a healed and now healthy man was born.  His parents named him Kenneth Wayne Cook 40 years ago!! Praise to the Lord!! 

No comments: