Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

If God Be For Us.......

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

I have been focusing on this verse much more than I ever have.  It may seem so elementary to many people but I started thinking about all that it means then just what is on the surface.  

I use to be embarrassed to say that I was not popular growing up.  I was constantly picked on and bullied even in my high school years.  I never really had friends or was never part of a click so I found myself finding comfort in being alone and letting people control my life by their teasing or bullying.  I would come home at night and cry myself to sleep because I so dreaded going back to school the next morning.  People I had as friends always had that other friend that they hung with, leaving me alone.  Some of them who I thought were close friends would even take part in the teasing at times until they thought I could be a part of their friendship again.  This cycle has repeated through out my life and I allowed it.  God was calling me to a higher purpose but I was more focused on having friends.  I have wasted so much time trying to get people to love me because I didn't know what that was.  So this verse to me has much more meaning.  

If we just took the first part and added our ending according to what the Lord wants from us.  Example; If God is for us.....we are made over comers according to His word.  What would the endings really be?  How much more would God's love become relevant in our lives?  Would our eyes be opened to newer levels with the Lord?  Would we focus more on God than on seeking acceptance of man?  I believe we would.  

I am learning that the only individual who can show me what true acceptance and love is, is the Lord.  It's when we don't see that, that we allow a door open to satan to attack us, unfortunately by using people we love.  So if God is for me.....I am loved and accepted for who He actually created me to be!!   That walk may separate me for a season from individuals or maybe forever but I am strong in the Lord to walk it.  To be honest, most people are only meant to be in our lives for a season, a lesson I have found very hard to learn.  So this blog is speaking in a spiritual sense.  Individuals are not the reason for my separation and loneliness in the past, it was a door I left open in the spiritual realm to be attacked.  When we realize what our ending is to verses like above we begin shutting those doors on Satan and demonic attacks.  It's not always easy but I know that I know the Lord is there giving us a way out like what 1 Corinthians 10:13 says. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Dear Father, I thank you for giving me the opportunity of growing further in your love.  I  thank you that you accepted me before I was even born.  Allow us all to find our ways according to your purpose and the doors of the enemy be shut tight, to never be opened again.  Let us always feel your love and acceptance.  In everything we do may it be for your Glory and not our own.  With so much love for you, I praise you always and forever and thank you for who you have been, for who you are and for who you are gonna be in our lives. AMEN!!

No comments: