Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Smile of a Child.....

Today the following verse came to my attention while in prayer:  Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. 14But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. 15And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence. Matthew 19:13-15.

Today I was in awe watching my two youngest learn and even teach me some things.  I don't think I have had so much fun and smiled so much as I have today.  I got to see why Jesus said for us to suffer the little children and forbid them not to come unto Him, for such is the kingdom of heaven.

As we grow up into adulthood, I feel like we lose track of what it means to be a child.  To smile, to laugh, to talk so freely about how we feel, to love on others.  I had the picture of the Lord placing His hands on each of my children.  My heart was so touched.  Today was our first day of In His Hands Home School.  I realized how much I have missed being a full-time part of my children's lives.  Teaching them today God's word and watching them soak it up and even add to was such a gift from the Lord to me.  I can't really express how much of an impact today had on me and on them.  The decision to bring them home was confirmed without a doubt.  We do not want our children being taught things that go against our beliefs.  We were getting tired of hearing well I just slept in class today or watched a movie.  So the decision to home school after seeing them laugh and have such a good time learning and talk about God in ways I have never heard was so amazing to me.

I give all the praise to the Lord and thank Him for bringing us to a spot where we can be a huge part of what our children are taught.  I praise the Lord for placing His hands upon my babies today and bringing life to our little class.  I can't wait to learn more myself and take this walk with them.

I imagine Heaven full of laughter and joy just as the Lord said for such is the kingdom of Heaven.  It don't get any better than that.


No comments: